Saturday, November 30, 2013

The "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" Set

I was given this at the New York press junket for the Coen brothers film "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" I interviewed John Turturro, who was understandably distracted, since he had a newborn at home, Tim Blake Nelson, an underrated actor  and director who mistakingly thought I was Southern, and George Clooney.  Mr. Clooney stood to greet me and was easy to talk to- though he may have just been relieved that I didn't show signs of "Clooney Fever."  No, I had just met the man I would eventually marry and was Clooney-proof, though telling a new love you are scheduled to meet one of the world's most sought-after bachelor's can help keep a man on his toes.  The movie is a modern classic and treated a wider audience to some beautiful traditional American music. The set includes a book of production notes (in packing to look like a 45 record- remember those?), a hair net, comb, and "Dapper Dan" hair pomade- all completely unused, as well as a packet of black and white stills from the film.  Bidding starts at $80 on eBay at the nyeurostyle4ever store.

No comments:

Post a Comment